Thursday, October 9, 2008

Kayde filling in for Jennie

Jennie wouldn't update our blog from our trip so I'm doing it for her. New York was a blast and I would highly recommend it to anyone. We got to see alot of cool sites and places you see in the movies. Ground Zero and the Statue of Liberty were our favorites. It is very humbling and sobering to stand at those sites and reflect on the freedoms we enjoy and the represent.

New York skyline from Central Park.

No explination needed. It's neat to sit at her feet and reflect on our freedoms and blessings.

Fun picture of the Bull on Wall Street.

Ground Zero. They are in the process of constructing the new Freedom tower.

This is Brian and his dad. He was another winner for Two Minute Drill and also chose the New York game.

We had to go to the game. After all that's how we won the trip.

Time Square at night.

The Empire State building in the back ground and the Famous Macey's on 34th St is the closest building to the left.

Picture of a Saint Fountain in Central Park. The Satue is blessing the water from the Hudson that is supplying water to New York.

Brooklyn Bridge. We lucked out and took a boat tour on a night they had fireworks.

15 comments:

Heitmann Family said...

oh, I am jealous. So glad you guys had a great time. Maybe someday I'll make it there!!!

Blake and Martha said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! The pictures are neat!

Jenn said...

Thanks Babe for updating, it has been realy bugging him that I hadn't done it yet. You could have been a little nicer to your wife about her slacking though!

Love ya

Kristen said...

Jennie, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I am a little jealous, o.k. a lot jealous.

Colton said...

Am I the only one who thought the Eiffel Tower was in France? Or am I the only one who actually read this post?

I was a little entertained because at first I thought that you might have been referring to the animal's butt when you mentioned "standing at her feet"...

It did look like a cool trip, though.

Jenn said...

That is funny. No the eiffel tower is not in New York, he meant the Empire State Building. I did'nt even notice it when I read it.

BeckyinQC said...

I'm so jealous of you guys as well! New York is someplace I've always wanted to visit. I'm glad you got to get away and have some fun together.

On another note, Kayde you should probably take it easy on your sweet wife! Of course this is coming from another pregnant slacker, but besides being tired, our hormones are a little out of whack at the moment and we both have the capability to whoop up on you and Tommy if need be!

You guys are great and we love ya!

Lee Anne said...

Amazing! How fun that you guy's got to do that. Thanks for the pictures and sharing your experience. Someday...

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Wow a trip to New York!! That is awesome, I am glad you had such a great experience! Congrats on your new little one coming in April! I love the picture up top too!

mwalker said...

Since watching You've Got Mail (one of my favorites,) I've always wanted to go to NY. Looks like you had a good time. Now I can say in honesty that I actually know someone who has won SOMETHING!

Nikki said...

That is to funny that you have a personal blog assistant. NY sounded like you had a great time.

Dawn said...

So stinkin fun! I love it. Someday...

The reviewers said...

HAHA...I just read this post for like the millionth time, and I can't help but laugh! "the eiffel tower" HAHAHAHAHHAHA... Man I miss you guys! Give Kayde heck for me, for no reason!

Love ya!

nymanzanita said...

I cant remember if I have ever posted on here and admitted that I "check out your blog" occasionally. Anyway...I know Kayde from FOREVER ago when I used to visit my cousins (Rynda and Darren Shumway) in Eagar. I met Jennie a couple of times around town too since I knew that you both were really close before Kaydes mission too. Well...I live here in NYC. I served my mission here in 2000-2001 and then I have lived here for almost 5 years now. I TOTALLY would have loved to meet up with you all for a bite to eat or something. Dang! I hope you had fun here. Oh...Dawn Despain is one of my friends from AZ because she is in my parents ward....what a small world!

The Grandy's said...

I'm due April 11th. Also, Heather Cook is due in April too. I like being close to other peoples due dates so we can complain about symptoms and totally know what the other persons talking about at that specific moment. If you need a break from the kids, just call me, I'd love to take them from you.